Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vision


Sometimes I paint and sketch visions that come into my mind. They are pictures that I feel urged to express or maybe archive is a better word for what I am doing. The images, faces and shapes do not always make sense to me as I create them but I feel a great sense of release when I do this, much like opening a pressure valve.

This face like many other faces I have depicted in my blog, such as "The Prophet", "Mac" and "Abre" are the product of visions that I need to (push out) or (get out) of my mind.

Alot of my compositions are based on these.

Perhaps this will explain to you, the viewer, why the subject matter seems so extremely different. Sometimes the feed back I hear or read from others help me identify what these works mean to me.


I guess we are in this together, my friends.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not gona lie, kinda creepy!

Anonymous said...

not gona lie, kinda creepy!

Anonymous said...

i really like this one. to me it's really happy. Like the person being portrayed is ecstatic about life in general, and it makes me smile every time I look at it!

Love you big sis!
<3 Mander

pctechroseart said...

Hi, Kid !

Looks like Ricky....maybe his Dad...

So cool....and mysterious....

So you...

Mummer
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo