Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Someone Found Them


This is another visionary creation. I have not posted this along with my other new posts because I needed to get a new battery for my camera to upload the pictures. However, I framed this one a month ago and it is hanging in my kitchen. A week ago, my mother, Tracey, made it a point of telling me how much she liked this piece. Not only did she tell me that she loved it, but she told me what type of flower it was and how it blew her mind that I remembered when I found this little bushel of flower living by itself in the woods near our home in Vermont. She remembered how she was a little worried that I had been investigating it when it was covered in black ants and that she did not want me around the insects covering the plant. What she said she learned later is that the black ants were essential in the flower blooming. They eat the wax encasing the bud.

This blew my mind.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great!

Anonymous said...

This is an incredible recreation of peones. It is amazing how you captured the softness of the colors, yet still presented the depth of detail to make it seem you can reach right in and touch them. Very skillful. The framed original is even more spectacular than this picture represents.

pctechroseart said...

Ame:

This is simply the most beautiful painting I have ever seen...and, it's yours.

This painting represents me...flowers, you as a baby girl, me as a young girl...then now; as you have depicted it NOW.

I'm taken aback by the memories this vision brings me back to. It was a simple time, a loving time, an adventure for me, and you and your Dad.

Yet, it's simply Peonies...ants and all...you all of three years old...in a home made pinafore, and bare feet, pansies in your hair..and the Vermont breeze in your hair...

:o)