Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Dragon's Peanut


I have to share this with you.
This is a composition done by my niece Amanda. Wow, right?
This was a project assigned by her teacher in her art class in her high school. It is a close-up of a peanut.
Exactly!!!
This is what Amanda sees in a peanut. She also sees this being an eye of a reptile or maybe a dragon. I see it too. She told me that she got flak from her teacher because she didn't execute this correctly.
Right?
Why would one take steps backward? To fit one's molded idea? How offensive!
The existence of this piece and the meaning behind it explains in detail why I believe that art truly cannot be taught by another, only one's method.
I believe that Amanda greatly exceeds her art classes and that deep inside she knows it. She does not need instruction nor does she need to explain it.
This girl was creating (what I would consider) masterpieces before she was in middle school.

She gave this to me as a gift last week. I was floored and felt so special.

This has found a place in my living room.

I hope that one day she understands that it would be better suited in a museum along with her other magnificent works of art.




2 comments:

pctechroseart said...

Hi, Baby:

Itsh me....

This work is outstanding ! I understand why you found it worthy of posting....

Your peonies are breathtaking !

Mum
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

www.paperwritingservice.ninja said...

The mere thing is that she is extremely talented girl. It's salient point to see unusual in the usual and familiar things!