Monday, March 2, 2009

Plant at the Window


It's been a long time since I've used water color paints (grade school) and I have a whole new appreciation for them. My mom, Tracey loves to create with all kinds of media and I've been dying to try something different so when we got together, we played with water color paints. This is a fantasy piece I painted to teach myself how to apply leaves and vines without using a lot of brush strokes. The vines were actually blown out with a drinking straw. I learned that technique in grade school as well. Hah hah!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice follow up to satan's strip club. i like this painting, its very pretty. -twinkle toes

Tracey Latorelli said...

I'm so happy that you decided to post these new pieces.

This image has such a soft, morning feel to it. It's well executed, too. You handled the light and positioning perfectly.

...so proud of yew....

Your loving Mom,
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox